Drilling for Your Dentist
It’s impossible to ignore the importance of proper oral hygiene. It is essential to you and your family’s health and wellness that you visit the dentist at least once a year. It is also recommended to keep your teeth clean by visiting a dental hygienist at least twice a year to maintain oral health and prevent tooth decay.
Your Future Dentist in Las Vegas
When you’re looking for a dentist after your relocation to Las Vegas, there are several tools that you can use. The Nevada Dental Association has a referral website at www.nvda.org, and you can also find dentist referrals at www.sndsonline.org, the Southern Nevada Dental Society’s webpage.
Questions to Ask About Your Future Dentist
You should probably compare and contrast a few of the dentists in Las Vegas before making your final choice. After your very first visit, you should know if the dentist is right for you. Consider the following from the American Dental Association:
- Is the appointment schedule convenient for you?
- Is the office easy to get to from your home or place of employment?
- Are you satisfied with the neatness and cleanliness of the office?
- Were you able to bring your family’s medical and dental history with you to Las Vegas?
- Are special arrangements made for handling emergencies outside of office hours? (Most dentists make arrangements with a colleague or emergency referral service if they are unable to tend to emergencies.)
- Do you have any information about fees and schedules before your first appointment?
- Is your dentist a member of the American Dental Association (ADA)? All ADA member dentists voluntarily agree to abide by the high ethical standards reflected in the ADA Principles of Ethics and Code of Professional Conduct as a condition of their membership.
You and your dentist are working together to maintain your oral health; think of it as a collaborative relationship. Take time to ask questions and take notes if that will help you remember your dentist’s advice.
Source: American Dental Association (ada.org)